The restaurant wine bar is situated next to the Falletti Castle in Barolo and it is in the historical rooms that were formerly used as bakery by the family Olivero, then from 1954 by Rino Scarzello and finally from 1979 to the beginning of the 1990s by the Cravero brothers.
Paolo Annoni is a chemist from Torino who moved to the Langhe area in 1985; after practising his profession until 2005, he decided to devote his life to his passions: ancient corkscrews, Barolo wine and cuisine. In 2006 he opened the Corkscrew Museum in Barolo, where he displays 600 pieces of his private collection; then he bought a small vineyard in a cru called “Sarmassa” and he started producing a few hundreds bottles of Barolo with intense, wide and persistent bouquet, with a full and elegant taste and a very good structure.
During 2013 he opened his own restaurant and wine bar Barolofriends, a perfect place to taste traditional local dishes, beside international proposals, always accompanied by the great wines of Langhe and Roero area.
Read here the article by the food blogger Il Guardiano del Faro: